Friday, July 29, 2011

I've Never Received a Goat as a Gift Before...

I've never received a goat as a gift before...I mean, I've received chickens and some awkward foods, but never a goat. On one of our recent trips into a village where we're doing micro-lending, some village leaders wanted to show their appreciation for how the loans are helping and empowering the women. So, they gave me a goat. I named him Bill. They were excited to give the gift. I felt a tad on the awkward side. However, it really was generosity to the extreme. It was overwhelming to know what they had to give up when they gave that goat. I learned a valuable lesson that day on generosity and how I need to be a better giver.

2 comments:

  1. Thіs excellеnt ωеbѕite really has
    all the іnformation Ι wаnted conсerning thiѕ subjeсt and diԁn't know who to ask. po¿yczki Pod zastaw nieruchomoœci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Useful info. Lucky me Ι found your web ѕіte unіntentionally,
    and I am stunned why thiѕ acсіdеnt didn't came about earlier! I bookmarked it.

    Feel free to surf to my website; tour sf

    ReplyDelete